8 Personal Growth Strategies to Take Your Life to the Next Level In 2021
This year has been pretty shitty for a lot of us, but there is still time to create a meaningful and impressive life as we step into 2021. Your personal growth is your responsibility. It’s not easy to make positive changes to your life, but it can be done.
There are plenty of people that serve as inspirational stories for the rest of us. You can make your life one of those stories.
One hard thing to accept with success is that so few people are happy for you.
Practice these techniques to take your life to the next level in 2021:
1. Eliminate distractions. We all might like to have the concentration powers of a monk, but most of us do not. We’re distracted by noise, our cell phones, the internet, TV, and many other things. Remove as many distractions from your workspace as possible. Focus on people when they talk to you.
2. Avoid evaluating yourself based on the opinions of others. One hard thing to accept with success is that so few people are happy for you.
You can expect to receive a lot of criticism and attempts to sabotage your efforts. Why? Some people don’t like you. Some like you, but don’t want to see you do better than they are doing. Others are just jealous. A few people don’t want to face their own mediocrity.
Your sense of accomplishment should be enough. If it’s not, change your perspective or choose a more meaningful goal.
3. Set priorities. Begin each day with a list of priorities and do your best to accomplish them each day. You’ll need another list the following day. Start each day knowing what needs to be done. Otherwise, where will you start?
4. Focus on a limited number of improvements. You might want to start a business, learn to play the violin, lose 50 pounds, learn French, and take flying lessons, but there’s only so much time in the day.
Pick a couple of things that mean the most to you and focus your energy there. You’ll accomplish much more if you can avoid spreading yourself too thin.
What are the three things you’d most like to change about your life? Avoid the other things on your wish list until you’ve accomplished them.
5. Identify your values. Everything flows from your values. Knowing what’s most important to you will allow you to arrange your life in a way that makes sense for you. It will also allow you to set goals that are meaningful. If you don’t know your goals, how will you make these decisions?
6. Revisit your goals daily. Have you ever set a New Year’s resolution, only to find that you’ve completely forgotten it a few days or weeks later? The solution is to have a set time each day when you review your goals and keep them fresh in your mind. If you can find the time, twice a day can be even better!
7. Invest in a Personal Development Coach. When you are in need of big shift or transformation in your life, it is a good idea to invest in yourself. Find someone to hold you accountable that won't just tell you what you want to hear and will support and motivate you through the process. Take advice from those who are worthy of your attention and steer clear from those that will flood you with negativity.
8. Evaluate yourself and your progress. It’s not enough to have a great plan and work hard. It’s also necessary to evaluate your results. Then, you can adjust and perfect your approach. If you hire a coach, your coach will evaluate your progress with you as you progress.
What changes would you like to make to your life? What areas of your life would you like to see the most growth? Chose a few growth strategies and try them out in your own life.
Be willing to experiment and run with those things that work for you. Take control and build the life of your dreams!